Saturday, March 24, 2018

Sundar Singh - A True Story Part II

  Hello again!
  Today I am posting part II of Sundar Singh. You can read Part I  HERE.

  So, I think I probably wrote too much in Part I about what happens in the book. Since I'm sure the authors don't want me to tell you everything that happens in their book, I'm going to try to not tell as much this time. I'll try to still make it interesting though, so don't miss out!


India


◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

  After recovering from being poisoned, Sundar continued to the boarding school. After a little while, he ended up leaving, and going to help at a leprosy hospital. On his sixteenth birthday, Sundar was baptized. After being baptized, he went into the forest for a month, to think and pray. When the month had ended, he had a plan. He would become a sadhu, or, holy man. But not a Hindu one, a Christian one. He would travel through villages, and tell them about Jesus.

Forest in India

  Sundar had many adventures as he traveled. Sometimes people rejected him. Once, he was locked up, and leeches were poured on him. But do you know what he did? While the leeches sucked away, he preached to the people watching him. He told them that it was a privilege to suffer for Christ.
  And sometimes, God would save the people. That made it all worth it!

  Sundar had many unique opportunities. Once he was able to preach to thieves. He told them that even though they thought they had taken everything, he still had something else to give. Other times he would find people purposely torturing themselves-lying in a bed of nails, or sitting surrounded by fires on a hot day. These were also great opportunities to tell people about Jesus.

  Sundar witnessed God doing so many miracles! Once, he was thrown into a well to die. A few days later, someone removed the cover, and rescued him. He was in a daze, and did not know who it was. When the grand lama heard, he was very angry, and wanted to know who had rescued him. But then someone reminded him that the only key to the cover of the well was kept on his belt. Sundar was ordered to leave and never return.
  Once, Sundar found out that he was supposedly dead. His obituary had been printed, and a memorial service had been held.
Tibet

  Sundar got to visit lots of different countries. Tibet, England, America, and many more!

  Even the end of the story is interesting. When Sundar was forty years old, he left for Tibet, as he had done many times before. He was never heard from again. People had many different theories as to what had happened to him, but no one know for sure.
  When he was still alive, he told people, when I die, don't say "He is dead" but say, "He has entered heaven and eternal life and he is with Christ in the perfect life."
 ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆


  What can we learn from Sundar Singh's story? Well, if you follow God's plan, you will have a fulfilling life. And if you submit your life to God, He will use you to accomplish great things for His Kingdom.

  I really enjoyed learning about Sundar Singh, and I hope you did too! I hope you will check out the book (see below) and read it yourself! There are so many interesting things in the book that I didn't write about on here, like the men who took turns pretending to die, or the  big surprise he finds when he visits his father many years later.




That'a all for now, but I hope you'll go and learn more!!

Pictures are not mine. I found them on Google.

6 comments:

  1. I have read this book, and I really like it. (We have, like, seventy-somethings books from that series!) I really like your blog. Thanks for commenting on mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's so neat that you have so many!

      Delete
  2. Amazing story! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to look into the book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really loved it!!! You have an amazing blog !! i will leave my blog if you like to check it out!!! thank you so muchhh!!!!
    Greetings from Crete
    R.
    https://dreamsandhopesforlife.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I will check out your blog!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! But if you do, please make sure it is honoring to God. Thank you!