Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Do not be anxious

 Hello readers!
 Quite a few years ago, (summer of 2010, I believe) my sister and I were at a Vacation Bible School. It was rain forest theme, and on one of the days towards the end, we were able to get something to bring home. I forget exactly how it was, maybe there were different decorations and things, and we got to line up and pick something. Anyway, I ended up with a poster, which had Philippians 4:6-7 on it, and also some stickers, though I'm not sure if I got them at the same time.


  That verse, Philippians 4:6-7, was a song we had learned there. It wasn't one of my favorite songs from VBS, but it was still nice to have. 
  Fast forward over seven years... For school, in Bible class, I got those same verses. Either in the school book, or online around that time, I learned that Paul, while writing Philippians, was actually in Prison. This gives us a whole new way to look at it! Paul was in prison while he wrote not to be anxious about anything!
  Also in Philippians 4 (verse  4) he wrote, "Rejoice in Lord alway: and again I say Rejoice." You may think he'd be downhearted ( and he may have been sometimes) but here he was, in prison, telling us to rejoice in the Lord. He obviously knew that no matter what the circumstance, God was still good. 

  Also he wrote, 

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
-Philippians 4:11-13
  We must learn to be content! We cannot be ungrateful, and we cannot be anxious. We must completely trust in God. Pray (present your request to God) , and trust. And while we cannot fully trust on our own, we can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth us.
  Don't be filled with anxiety about the future! God already has the future planned out. And don't forget-
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God
Romans 8:28a 
  Will you decide to stop worrying? Will you pray, and trust that God has the future all worked out? There will be hard times in the future, but God already knows the ending, and will help you through every trial if you trust in Him.
  And now with Paul I will say, The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

  
  

2 comments:

  1. This was really good!
    I wrote a similar post here (http://blog.hellandfamily.com/dontyouknowthatimsinging) when I was struggling with some anxiety myself. Fear and anxiety are a sign of lack of trust in God. There's nothing to worry about; God has everything in control and will be with us every step of the way.
    And remembering that Paul said this while he was in prison DOES shed a new light on the subject. If God can help him not to worry, He can help us too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I. Just went and checked out your post!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! But if you do, please make sure it is honoring to God. Thank you!