Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Fun Snail Mail Ideas

  Hello! Today I want to talk about pen pals, snail mail, and ways to have fun with them! I love writing letters. Over the years, I’ve had many pen pals, and treasure each letter I get. (Fun fact: four of my pen pals have had the middle name Elizabeth/Elisabeth!) Pen pals are so much fun as you get to hear other girls tell their stories and you get to know them. Recently, I was able to talk to one of my pen pals on the phone for the first time. It was such a neat experience, and I feel so much closer to her now. 
  Here are a few "snail mail" ideas for you!


Using pretty paper is fun! If it's too small, just use several! Don't have special paper? Just decorate some plain paper with crayon or markers!


Decorate the back of the envelope! Isn’t this beautiful? I cut it off of an envelope someone sent. 


Here’s more envelope art.


Washi tape is an easy way to decorate your envelope.



Using pretty stamps is fun too!


Something I have begun doing is cutting the stamps off of the mail I get and gluing them into my “Everybook.” (I'd like to do a post about my Everybook one day.) It's fun looking at them all, and picking out favorites!


If you have time, making cards is special too. Here’s one from one of my pen pals; isn’t it pretty?


You could also make your mail more exciting by adding
A tea bag
A poem
A coloring page
A sheet of stickers
Photos of you or your family
A bookmark
A quiz for them to fill out and mail back
A chapter of a story you write; send one chapter in each letter!

Some ideas to write in your letter are
Recent things you’ve done.
Questions (to help them write their letters!)
Prayer requests
Tell them about your family
Describe what a day in your life is like



  It's such a blessing when you're having a hard day to find a handwritten letter waiting for you! As you write your letters, try your very best to write an encouraging letter that will brighten your pen pal's day.

  One last thing I'd like to say: be careful! You should be very cautious in writing to someone you have never met. Before writing to anyone you haven't met in person, ask your Mom or Dad. Remember that people are not always who they say they are. Some people even use pictures of themselves that aren't even them! When it comes to getting a pen pal, be wise. 
  Also, if you want a good pen pal, but don't know how to get one, comment below and I can tell you how I got mine! Pen pals can really be a blessing! I have pen pals who have grown to be friends, and who encourage me so much. 

Do you love mail? Do you have a pen pal? What do you like to include in your letters? Any letter-writing advice?




6 comments:

  1. These are really fun ideas, Laura! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having pen pals, too! These were some good ideas! I've done a lot of the ideas you shared, but some of them were new- I've never sent a tea bag! (Can you actually use it after mailing it?? ;) Writing on the envelope is lots of fun, and writing your friend's address with fancy letters is something I enjoy. Also, did you know that you can put the stamp on any part of the envelope? That is something I learned recently, although I don't think I've tried it yet. ;)
    This was a fun post! and I would be interested in reading about your Everybook. :)

    In Christ,
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can use the tea bag! I didn't know you could put the stamp anywhere. That's neat! Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  3. This was such a great post, Laura! Thank you for sharing!
    Getting mail is indeed so much fun! Normally in my letters I ask a list of questions, like you suggested- but I remember one thing my sister used to do when she was little. Both her and her friend liked to write, so my sister would send her friend one part of a story on a piece of paper, then the other girl would add onto the story and send it back to my sister, and then my sister would add onto it and send it back, and so on, you get how the system works, lol xD I thought maybe, since you like to writ, it would be a fun thing you could do with one of your pen-pals!:)
    But yeah, again, great post, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the idea Jadiyn! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  4. Ohhh, I loooved this post!!! Great ideas!! I love "pen paling" too. It's so fun! :D

    Rosy

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! But if you do, please make sure it is honoring to God. Thank you!