Monday, December 16, 2019

Hot Chocolate Bar / Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies



  Hi! For a long while I've seen pictures on Pinterest of hot chocolate bars and thought it'd be fun to make one someday. Well, last Friday I was able too, and it was a lot of fun! Here are some things it included:
*hot cocoa powder poured into a decorative jar + hot water
*a small pitcher of milk
*mini marshmallows
*crushed up candy canes
*homemade caramel
*crushed chocolate
*cinnamon
*whipped cream

  You could also add flavored creamers, table decorations, or chocolate syrup!

  Do you like hot chocolate? Did you know that hot chocolate and hot cocoa aren't the same thing? (It was actually a hot cocoa bar, I'm just used to saying hot chocolate.) Have you ever made a hot cocoa/hot chocolate bar?

  Another thing I'd like to share is a recipe for gluten-free chocolate cookies that I found the other day. I made these a few days ago but didn't take a picture. We couldn't find hazelnuts, so I used walnuts instead, but they still turned put pretty good! In fact, I think I liked them more than I would have if they had flour. Here is the recipe:Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies. I like this recipe because it doesn’t require gluten-free flour.

  They would make a great gift to give to a friend who can't have gluten, or just to make for yourself!

  What have you all been up to? Have you traveled anywhere? Do you like making Christmas cards?  Merry Christmas!!!


6 comments:

  1. Yum! I love hot cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Have you ever tried a hot cocoa bar?

      Delete
    2. No, I haven't, though maybe sometime I can!

      Delete
  2. Hot chocolate bars are a wonderful idea! I need to think about doing one in the future if I'm ever in charge of an event. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! But if you do, please make sure it is honoring to God. Thank you!