Monday, January 25, 2021

Connection



This world is sadly lacking
Something it used to own;
Something that we were meant to have:
To not live life alone.  

We’re meant to have connection
With the people that we meet;
Instead of “How’s the weather?”
Why not “Come, and take a seat?”

If everyone is struggling,
With something or another,
Why do we struggle silently
And not lean on each other?

I long to be more purposeful
In what I do or say;
Not just the casual greetings,
But “Is everything okay?”

I want to have connection
With the people that I know;
Let’s help each other through the storms
That everyone must go.


Let’s not live life alone
When we’re meant to have each other;
God gave us friends and family
To walk with one another.

Please be there for your struggling friends,
Don’t fear to ask what’s wrong;
They need someone who shows they care,

And who will lead them on.


4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Laura! ❤ I love it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, Laura! I reread your beautiful poem today and enjoyed it again! How priceless to have that fellowship in our lives! ♥ I'm so often just thankful for all the lovely people (friends + strangers!) God has put in my life and how much they bless me!

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! But if you do, please make sure it is honoring to God. Thank you!