Monday, December 28, 2020

Family




Dishes clatter, crumbs fall, 

Toys scattered ‘cross the hall;

Laundry piles ten feet high,

Someone trips and starts to cry,

It gets quite stressful, I can’t deny,

Our hands are full, and that’s no lie,

But have you seen our hearts?


 Our hearts are filled, they overflow,

Filled way more than our hands;

It makes our work all worth it,

I hope you understand.

God knew we needed family

More than extra time or things,

He gave us all each other

And I hope that this will ring:

That if you think our hands are full,

You should see our hearts! 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE this!!! 😍😍😍 Do you mind if I print it out to hang on my bedroom wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you liked it! I would be honored if you hung it on your wall. :D

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely poem! And so true too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem! It is so detail oriented and yet rhymes perfectly. That's one thing that can make a poem great. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem! I love the lines "If you think our hands our full, you should see our hearts!" From one poet to another, bravo! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! But if you do, please make sure it is honoring to God. Thank you!