Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Laura Ingalls Wilder Birthday // Gingerbread


  Hello! I don't know if you already knew or not, but today is Laura Ingalls Wilder's birthday! Yesterday, I tried out her gingerbread recipe. Here's part of it in her handwriting:

Photo found online.

  We put butter on our gingerbread, but Laura suggested chocolate frosting!

  The problem is, I overcooked mine. I want to make it again, and when I do, I want to put it in wider casserole dish (I used a small square casserole dish.) You should make some!

  Here is a quote by Caroline Ingalls, and then one by Laura.  

"If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek, Five things observe with care: To whom you speak, Of whom you speak, And how and when and where." ~ Caroline ("Ma") Ingalls 




Are you going to try the gingerbread recipe? Are you doing anything else to celebrate? Have you read any of the Little House Books?









  

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! It looks really good. I might have to give that a try! I didn't realize it was her birthday today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it was Laura Ingall Wilder's birthday!! I've read some of your books, they're really cool. My favorite is the movies. :)

    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! But if you do, please make sure it is honoring to God. Thank you!