Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Jack::A Pumpkin


  Meet Jack. A pumpkin. You may remember me telling you how I'd like to get a pumpkin in my "Autumn" Post. Well, here it is!
  It was an interesting experience, using a real pumpkin. Usually we use canned pumpkin. Here are some pictures!
  
  

After cutting open, I scooped out the insides.

Cooked it.

Cooked the seeds separately.  

Cut up some pumpkin and cooked with butter and seasonings. 

Blended some.

Pumpkin coffee. (Pumpkin + milk + pumpkin pie spice = homemade coffee creamer)

And made some pie.





Okay, here are the real pies I made...

And here's one without a crust; the leftover pumpkin pie mixture poured into a spring-form pan, cooked.

You sure can get a lot out of a pumpkin! Well, a big one at least. Smaller varieties of pumpkins are actually preferred for cooking, but the pie was still good. :) 
  Even though not everything turned out great, it was definitely a neat experience, and I hope you enjoyed a peek into it!





7 comments:

  1. Loved your "homemade" pie!
    Grandmom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even like pumpkin pie, but that looks delicious! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't like pumpkin pie?!!! I feel sorry for you... ๐Ÿ˜‚ Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Nice post, my sister bought a pumpkin recently. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? What a coincidence!!! Brilliant minds thinks alike!

      Delete
  4. So fun!
    I like pumpkin pie so as my brother and dad so for thanksgiving we always get/make it!
    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! But if you do, please make sure it is honoring to God. Thank you!