Friday, March 17, 2017

Mind of Christ - Devotional

  Philippians 2:5  "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus".


  Have you ever heard the song that goes, "May the mind of Christ my Savior live in me from day to day..."? It's a really pretty song, and I'm including it below. (=   But let's look at the lyrics first, and think about what they really mean.



May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling

All I do and say.



  What is the 'Mind of Christ'? Well, we can think about what Jesus is like. He is:

  • Humble
  • Loving
  • Forgiving
  • Has a servant attitude
  Also it says that we want Him to control all we do and say, and that's very important. 
 Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths." Things will work out much better if He is in control. 

  Moving on to the next part...



May the Word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,

So that all may see I triumph

Only through His power.



 "So that all may see I triumph only through His power". You should want others to see that you triumphed because of God.



May the peace of God my Father
Rule my life in everything,

That I may be calm to comfort

Sick and sorrowing.



With God in control, you can be calm, and it is easier to comfort others when you are not busy being stressed about your own circumstances. 



May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea;

Him exalting, self abasing,

This is victory.



  We want to be filled with Jesus' love.
  "Him exalting, self abasing", the focus on Him, not ourselves.



May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,

Looking only unto Jesus

As I onward go.



With God in control and on your side, you can be strong and brave. Keep looking to Jesus for help as you go!



May His beauty rest upon me,
As I seek the lost to win,

And may they forget the channel,

Seeing only Him.



  "May they forget the channel, seeing only Him". We want them to see Jesus through us, not focus on us.

  -Scripture of the Day-
Philippians 2:1-9

 1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit,if any tenderness and compassion,
 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,
 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.


In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death
        even death on a cross!

Mind of Christ
Lastly, here is the video I said I would include, It's sung by Rachel Wissmann.



Laura@ FlowersInMyBasket
PS.If you liked this post, you may also like THIS POST on "A Bounce in Your Step" (=

2 comments:

  1. This is really good, Laura!! My family loves to listen to the Wissmann family sing!! Thanks for posting!

    - Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I'm replying to your other message now.(= And yes, I love the Wissmanns!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! But if you do, please make sure it is honoring to God. Thank you!